April 29, 2020
NAHB is a leading member of the Construction Industry Safety Coalition (CISC), which has provided a detailed plan to outline the steps that every employer and employee can take to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
The plan describes how to prevent worker exposure to coronavirus, protective measures to be taken on the jobsite, personal protective equipment and work practice controls to be used, cleaning and disinfecting procedures, and OSHA guidance on what to do if a worker becomes sick, including recordkeeping requirements.
- CISC Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Plan for Construction (updated 4/26/20)
- OSHA: COVID-19 Guidance for the Construction Workforce (updated 4/22/20)
- NAHB Jobsite Safety Poster (updated 4/26/20)
- NAHB Jobsite Safety Poster (Large - 11x17) (updated 4/26/20)
- NAHB Encourages Members to Donate Masks to Fight Coronavirus
Additional Government Resources
- OSHA: COVID-19
- CDC: Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- FEMA: Addressing PPE Needs in a Non-Healthcare Setting (Updated 4/24/20)
- CDC: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease (Updated 3/21/20)